Theme: Fairy Tales and Flights of Fancy
This topic is one that is sure to surprise and delight!
We are looking for poems that are full of whimsy for the young, and young at heart. Poems that are saucy and sassy for the more mature audience and there is even scope for horror and Gothic poetry within this theme.
Submission Period: 1 May, 2017 – 20 June, 2017.
Showing Online and on Instagram: 5 July, 2017 – 30 September, 2017.
- Your work must be contained on a single Instagram ready image (jpeg, png, tif, gif).
- Your submission must be in a square shape (all other shapes will be instantly deemed ineligible).
- Please consider readability when constructing your submission.
- Poems and prose (nanotales/microfiction) will be accepted. Please note we specialise in short-form / micropoetry and successful selections will reflect this.
- If your image contains artwork then this must be your original work and cannot be imagery that has been sourced from the internet.
- You may submit up to THREE pieces.
Up to 180 poems will be selected. Up to 90 works will be selected in the Highly Commended category and will be published to herheartpoetry.com, the digital anthology, and Her Heart social media accounts on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. Up to 90 additional works will be selected for publication on Instagram.
Her Heart is looking for works that:
- Are well constructed, with clear thought given to word selection, word interplay and imagery;
- Subvert the ordinary and present an interesting or unique perspective;
- Grab the heart, and make the reader feel or experience.
Please note that by submitting you agree to our Terms.
We look forward to reading your submission. If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.