The Poets Canvas is currently closed. Please check back for our next call for submissions in late 2018.
Submission Period: Late 2018
Showing Online and on Instagram: To Be Confirmed
General Submission Guidelines:
- Your work must be submitted in a Word or Text document, with the title of the poem at the top of the page. DO NOT put your name, or Instagram account name, anywhere on your entry, including the file name as all entries are judged blind.
- Poems and prose (nanotales/microfiction) will be accepted. Please note we specialise in short-form / micropoetry and successful selections will reflect this. A rough guideline would be no more than 12 lines and it should easily fit on a single sqaure suitable for publication to Instagram.
- You can submit up to THREE (3) entries in total.
Up to 50 works will be selected in the Highly Commended category and will be published to herheartpoetry.com, the relevant quarterly digital anthology, and the Her Heart Poetry Community pages on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
Please note that Highly Commended works will also be printed in HARD COPY and digital format in our end of year poetry book, THE POETS CANVAS 2018.
To celebrate the launch of THE POETS CANVAS, Her Heart Poetry is waiving the normal admission fee for submissions. Good luck to all!
Her Heart is looking for works that:
- Are well constructed, with clear thought given to word selection, word interplay and imagery;
- Subvert the ordinary and present an interesting or unique perspective;
- Grab the heart, and make the reader feel or experience.
Please note that by submitting you agree to our Terms.
We look forward to reading your submission. If you have any questions please email email@example.com.