Theme: Run Away With Me
Take me by the hand and lead me astray…
Her Heart Poetry is calling for original works of poetry that reinterpret the timeless theme: Run Away With Me. Successful works will be those that subvert the expected narratives normally inspired by this title, and we ask poets to dig deep in order to surprise and delight. Although we will consider poems that link this theme to romantic love, we are looking for works that stretch both the writer and the reader and recommend that those submitting to delve down deep into the multiple interpretations of this theme.
Submission Period: 1 November, 2017 – 15 Dcember, 2017
Showing Online and on Instagram: 5 January 2018 – 30 March, 2018
- Your work must be submitted in a Word or Text document, with the title of the poem at the top of the page. DO NOT put your name, or Instagram account name, anywhere on your entry, including the file name as all entries are judged blind.
- Poems and prose (nanotales/microfiction) will be accepted. Please note we specialise in short-form / micropoetry and successful selections will reflect this. A rough guideline would be no more than 12 lines and it should easily fit on a single sqaure suitable for publication to Instagram.
- You can submit up to THREE (3) entries in total.
Up to 50 works will be selected in the Highly Commended category and will be published to herheartpoetry.com, the relevant quarterly digital anthology, and the Her Heart Poetry Community pages on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
Please note that Highly Commended works will also be printed in HARD COPY and digital format in our end of year poetry book, THE POETS CANVAS 2018.
To celebrate the launch of THE POETS CANVAS, Her Heart Poetry is waiving the normal admission fee for submissions. Good luck to all!
Her Heart is looking for works that:
- Are well constructed, with clear thought given to word selection, word interplay and imagery;
- Subvert the ordinary and present an interesting or unique perspective;
- Grab the heart, and make the reader feel or experience.
Please note that by submitting you agree to our Terms.
We look forward to reading your submission. If you have any questions please email email@example.com.